Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Smallholder.



'Zeta' our late and great Border Collie posing for a photograph one Christmas morn.  The dogs always get adorned with tinsel on Christmas Day.    I named her 'Zeta' after Catherine Zeta Jones.  Because she was so beautiful.  I think our 'Zeta' was part human.  She was an amazing canine pal.  God bless Zeta.
Do you like my play on the idiom:  'Beauty Is in the eye of the beholder'?   Apparently (I looked it up) an idiom, is a form of phrase or expression that is peculiar to a language and (yawn) approved by the uses of that language, and its often got a signification other than its logical or grammar one.  Do you follow me?  Can you explain it to me then?

Any road.  The idiom (I like English Idioms) 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' was penned by a West Cork native:  Margaret Wolfe Hungerford in her novel 'Molly Bawn' which was published in 1878.  She was born in Roscarberry which is near Clonakilty and not far from Drombeg Stone Circle.  One of my favourites 'Free' and sacred places to visit in Ireland.   To use Michael Caine's catchphrase:

"Not many people know that."

See You Later.


Post a Comment

0 Comments