Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LITTLE PATIO GARDEN

I really miss having some kind of outdoor garden. Getting my hands in the dirt is important. I feel like it is great therapy. 

The problem is I live in a small retirement apartment with no personal outdoor space. 


My friend Pat, who also lives here, and I decided that we needed somewhere to plant some kind of garden, so we begged management to let us have a little space.


We aren't allowed to plant anything in the ground so we had to improvise with a container garden. As we both live on small incomes, we also had to do it as economically as possible. 

The side entrance to our building has a small patio area with a table and chairs. 


It is a nice place to sit for two people, but we do need more seating. 

I donated a stone bench which extends the seating a little, but I am hoping for more.


I also added my plant stand. It needs to be painted again, and I hope to get to that soon.


So now we have a few flowers, some herbs,


and even some tomato and bell pepper plants. 


It isn't the largest garden I have ever had, but it is a start and I hope they will let us build on it. 

There are a few community spots on the other side of the building, but the sunlight is not really good there and there are not enough to serve everyone who wants a plot.

I think community gardens are really important, and I would love if they would let us turn some of the grassy area into more plots next year. 

Today is a rainy day, but tomorrow I am going to get out there and watch the flowers grow. 

post signature

Post a Comment

0 Comments