Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WOYWW 669 watercolours and collage

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack, I have been busy since last Wednesday with digital work for Gecko Galz challenges here, drawing, watercolours and collage.

Toadstools and birds drawn from photographs and painted with watercolour and distress markers.
A collage and a neuro art pieceThis is the third one I have done which was better than the other two, but I don't feel I have really achieved the look!



I watched a Sketchbook Revival session with Rachel Hazell.  I really liked the alphabet background she did.  A simple way of creating a background.  I watched another session with Tiffany Sharpe who was doing watercolour fodder.  Painting the tops of mushrooms and adding stalks of patterned paper.


This collage I did after watching a LifeBook taster sessions 2021 with Shay Michelle.  I didn't stick the words down because I couldn't decide where to put them.  I really liked this collage method .


Finally What's On My Workdesk Wednesday!  My collage is in the centre, on the right is a new necklace I bought yesterday, displayed artfully over the Slap it On and on the left are my watercolour containers.  My Aqua Pencils are pure pigment so this technique worked well, but the Arteza ones have a plastic coating so this was a bit of a pain to get out of the dissolved pigment.  My husband used a Stanley knife to take off all the plastic coating, solving the problem.  I am keeping the lids off making them like solid watercolour when they dry out.  I think it was worth doing.  I have several different sets of watercolour pencils from cheap ones (now binned as they were useless and not worth passing on) to Faber Castell Albrecht Durer ones, but I only have a few of those.

I bought some Hunkdory Brush Markers and I can't work out how to get a even coverage, I have only tried them on card so far, so may be I should try them on watercolour paper.

Well that's all from me.  Linking up with Julia's Stamping Ground
Have a great week x




Post a Comment

0 Comments