Our grandson Michael is living here now and did not have a warm hat as he was living in California. I decided to fix that situation post haste. I had a skein of denim colored yarn which I thought was just the thing for a young man. I didn't use a pattern, just made this up as I went. I thought I'd add some stripes of color and found 3 and he liked the idea too.
I crocheted in double crochet rounds, the colors I did in 3 dc shells, then crocheted down and back up in the back loop to make the ribbed roll brim which will keep his ears warm.
I have a small table by my easy chair where I lay my laptop computer and iPad, I have my pens and crochet hooks in a plexiglas holder on the side, cameras in the basket drawers. I had room for some decorations so I put my little tree that has a little train going around the bottom and a sparkly Santa and sleigh. I do love having holiday decorations around me. :-)
Yesterday we put my Dept 56 North Pole village pieces on the piano top. First I lay down a batting base (snow) and then take each house out of it's box and install the light strings. Dayle is responsible for plugging them all in. I must endure much grumbling during this procedure. In fact he says he hates these houses. Nevertheless, he does this for me. Unfortunately, 3 of the houses lights won't come on so I just ordered more replacement bulbs. :-) Of course there is a skating pond at the North Pole, right?
A few of my newer pieces are this gazebo with Santa and Mrs. Claus inside.
I'm very excited to add this new building.. it's Northwind Knitters!
It's got a little shop on the side for Mittens, Muffs and Mukluks. See the board with knitted hats on the porch?
This sign hangs off the side of the building.
It comes with a little elf hanging mittens and a hat out on a line strung between two decorated trees. So cute!
And a nod to Dayle's 32 years as a railroad engineer for Southern Pacific RR - a caboose made into a cafe.
Now, time for me to clean up the mess from all this decorating and get it all perfectly tidy and neat. Do you decorate? Please tell us how you're doing and what you do.
*************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*************************************
((hugs)), Teresa :-)










0 Comments