Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A LITTLE BIT OF RED WITH MY BLUES

This won't be a long post because there is absolutely nothing going on in my life. The days are supposed to be shorter but they feel long...even the dogs seem bored. No reason to run out, no errands, no lunch dates. The kids have been around, but they always seem to be rushing off someplace. This is true cabin fever.
And yes, these are Christmas ornaments, but I left them up because they reminded me of Valentine's Day, which is just around the corner. I have added a touch of red here and there to get in the mood. It goes well with all the white outside...more of which is coming down as I write.
I have plenty to keep me busy. I cleaned all morning long {even though the cleaning ladies were here this week} and I can bake or make dinner ahead of time, or organize closets...read, watch a movie, browse through seed catalogs and plan my garden. I can sort through boxes that I brought home from my Dads house. Do you know he saved my postcards, letters and cards? He was so sweet. I need some motivation, maybe I'll just take a long, hot bath.
The Husband is leaving on a business trip. Is it still called business if it is in Florida? I was invited to go but I'm not really one to bum around all day by myself. I could really use some retail therapy though, a little time on the beach. I think more vacations should be taken during the winter, summers are overrated.
Not to get off the subject of boredom, I wanted to tell you that daughter Abby is painting her room. This necklace matches the color she picked out. She also bought a black comforter that reverses to gray and some pillows. I think she may be on to something with this color combo. I was a little disappointed at first that she wanted to paint as I did her room a while ago in a pretty shade of yellow with nice pops of teenage color. But it will be interesting to see what she does. I can always close the door.

Well, I think I need to get busy and snap out of it. What have all of you been doing to snap out of the winter doldrums? It really is hard to have a positive outlook all the time. And this is my journal, so there!

Have a good one! :-)

Post a Comment

0 Comments