Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

2 POUNDER ANTI TANK GUN, VICKERS MACHINE GUN, ATR, 2"MORTAR, MEDIC, RANKING LEADER AND DUG IN TROOPS 28mm

 Making progress on my BEF force for CANCON 2020.

These are my Infantry Support Assets for my BEF platoon.
 All these miniatures are 28mm scale, metal figures from Warlord games ( except for a few plastic figures converted to make up the crew served weapons). 


From left to right Medic, Ranking Leader (for special scenarios and Big CoC game) and FO.

The FO has no radio and is connected to the Mortar Barrage via a telephone line.
FO at the attic window directing the mortar barrage.

Medic and Ranking Officer contemplating dinner tonight.

ATR team (the long metal barrel of the gun is very fragile and subject to bending so handle with care)


2"mortar team.




Vickers MMG providing support to the platoon.



The figure in the middle comes with the 2 pounder gun but I included him with the MMG, the figure on the right is a plastic late war British figure which I converted to make up the crew numbers.



Rifle team and a Junior Leader in foxholes.
I have yet to finish the foxhole for the Bren, coming soon.


The base of the foxholes contain a sheet of metal and the underside of the figures have a tiny embedded earth magnet, this helps to remove casualties.
Follow this link to see how they are constructed: Making foxholes.
2 pounder on Overwatch guarding the road.




I was considering scratch building the Vickers MMG and the 2 pounder but decided I could use the time on other projects combined with a good discount deal at Warlord games I just decided to purchase them.

To make up the numbers in the crew, the figure on the left was converted officer from the infantry platoon, I trimmed off his pistol, shaved off his gun holster and added a gas mask pouch with Milliput.
Same with the figure kneeling he is a plastic figure converted.

These two figures have also been converted as crew members, the one on the left was a riflemen attaching his bayonet which has been converted to a 2 pounder round and the other one is a plastic figure manipulate to loading the ammo "pose".



Cheers John



Post a Comment

0 Comments