Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Table Scraps in Orange and a DrEAMi...

 To make this month's Table Scraps placemat, I started with a piece I had made at least a year ago from a tutorial on Joyful Quilter's blog.  I shared this photo on my To-Do Tuesday post.

Unfortunately, Joy says the tutorial is no longer available.  
But I did enjoy playing with some charm squares to 
create this design in the first place!

It wasn't quite the right size to begin with, so I added 1.5 inch strips of an orange solid to bring the placemat to 12.5 x 16.5 inches.  Add some simple quilting and a mellow blue binding, and the placemat was done quickly!


So now there are nine!

The orange looks really florescent - I promise it isn't!

But wait, there's more!

Originally I made two of these pieced sections.  What should I do with the other one?

I was thinking maybe a quick zipper pouch, and I remembered this tutorial from Sew Preeti Quilts.  I made one of these before, when I first started reading Preeti's blog.  Simplest Zippered Pouch. It really is simple!  I layered the top piece with some batting and backing, quilted the layers, and found an orange zipper.



Following the steps of the tutorial gave me a finished zipper pouch in about an hour.  I think this one will be handy for using somewhere that a flat pouch would be useful, like in a suitcase?!

9.5 x 7

The backing/lining piece I used is one of those big print fabrics that I could never figure out another use for!  It was perfect for this pouch.

***Sharing my pouch at mmmquilts for the September DrEAMi link-up since this was a true "drop everything and make it " project.  Plus it turned out to be the perfect size and shape to carry masks, hand sanitizer, and packets of bleach wipes on our recent trip!  I didn't even plan it that way.***

So there's my week in an orange nutshell!


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at
And at the Joyful Quilter for September's Table Scraps link-up.












Post a Comment

0 Comments