Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Walgreens charges different prices at different stores

Interesting thing happened today, I found out that our Walgreens in Coconut Grove is cheaper than the one near Coral Gables only a couple of miles away! So some good news for the Grove.

I went in to get vitamins and the type I liked were on sale -- 2 for 1 -- can't beat that! So I got two, it was the last two, so I got 120 vitamins (60 in each bottle) for only $10.49.

I had to go to Miracle Mile and as I was driving by the Walgreens on Coral Way, I decided to stop in and see about getting a couple more bottles, this way I'll have almost a year's worth and not have to run out for awhile.


Well, lo and behold, they were a whole dollar more. They were $11.49.

Now I did save $21.98, so I'm not complaining, but I did find it interesting that they have different prices within what really amounts to a few blocks away. You can see by the receipt both transactions were done within 13 minutes of each other. The stores are that close to each other. (If you click the image, it will open larger).

I was at CVS yesterday, and they didn't carry the brand at all, so I guess I was lucky to find the 2 for 1 at Walgreens or I would have paid full price there. But I do wonder now what other price discrepancies there are and I find it to be a sneaky way of doing business. You'll notice their receipt didn't even have their name "Walgreens" at the top. It came just like this. Guess they were ashamed to brand themself.

Post a Comment

0 Comments