Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beauty Marks Or Age Spots...

 



Looking down and seeing my hands has been an indicator of lately.
What exactly is it an indicator of?

I have used these hands for many things!
I think as a woman of God, my hands are symbolic of my heart!
What has been in my heart has been many times worked out with my hands.

I had my hand held by my Hubby many moons ago!
We exchanged these vows;

Groom: I,____, take thee,_____, to my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.


I think my hands have trembled a time or two, I have held the
hands of my children and grandchildren!
I have laid these hands over a fevered brow.

I have used my hands and folded them to pray!
My hands have held the hands of a dying Mother and Father.

My hands have been idle by my side a time or two!

My hands have sewn  a bridle veil,
 An a baby blanket bundling a newborn in.

I have used these hands to fold clothes of so many loads of laundry.
I have kneaded and made batches of fresh bread.
These hands have mixed a batch of cookies to eat and savor.
These hands have washed more dishes than I could count!

My hands are His instruments to love and to build and create!
My hands are worn to a soft and tender touch.

I have looked down and said my hands look just like my Mothers!

I have made this statement
 these hands now have beauty marks upon them;
The world calls them age spots, I choose to call them 
Beauty spots...


When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.

Peter Marshall


Post a Comment

0 Comments