Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Home is Best!

He is happiest, 
be he king or peasant, 
who finds peace in his home. 
Johann von Goethe (1749-1832, German writer)

I've hardly left my house the last few weeks, since we moved onto our place.  It has been the most joyous experience!  I've ventured out a few times to the grocery store, and ran a couple errands in town.  But for the most part, I've just been HOME!  

Home

H.O.M.E.


There is no lovelier word than this!  

Seek home for rest,
For home is best
Thomas Tusser (1524-1580, English farmer)



I've always been a homebody of sorts, just enjoying my time at home with my family, and with the comforting nature of home duties that never end.


Since we moved onto our little "piece of heaven" I can tell you that I have little to no desire to leave this beautiful place of ours!


There is so much work that needs to be done, but in the mornings, I have time to stop, reflect, and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us!  I have time to walk on the crunchy pine needles.... to play with Annie-girl...


... to follow my chickens around, and just enjoy their silly antics!


... to watch the sun come up, spreading its warm glowing droplets through the pine tree needles...


... and listen to Mr. Rudy as he crows to let the world know it is morning, and to let his ladies know he loves them...



... to watch the chickens as they happily engage in seeking bugs, dirt, grass, and whatever else suits their fancy...


... and watch Mr. Simba as he prances, stalks, and jumps through the bushes... chasing a bug here and there, and who will just stop and roll over and smile in the sunshine, as he gets petted...


Annie-girl watches us from a distance.  Her radio collar boundaries keep her from coming to where Mr. Simba and I are, and she doesn't like that.


... but then Jumping Roger shows up, and the show is on!  Cover your noses folks!  This powder keg dirt is about to explode as the dogs romp and roll (we need more rain - desperately!)


... ugh dust! We got a nice amount of rain on Labor Day, but none since.  Wildfires are starting back up, and dust is in the air again, and smoke too...


The dogs at their guard duty stations... Jumping Roger takes his security detail quite seriously... Annie-girl not so much.  She lets Roger do all the hard work, and she backs him up only when she thinks the language of the chipmunks have gotten out of hand, or the neighboring dog wanders by... lol!


As the sunlight filtered down through the trees, sparklets of water grabbed the sunshine, and sprinkled it around happily...


... due to the lack of rain we are having to water our yard as the dust quickly gets out of hand...


 ... so thankful for this precious water that we have!  Each time I turn on the water, I am thankful for the water we have... as it wasn't too long ago, we weren't sure if our well was going to produce the water we needed.  But after a miraculous event, we finally got our beautiful precious water, and each time I use the water, I just say Thank you Lord!


Home!  There is just no place like it! 

A man travels the world over 
in search of what he needs, 
and returns home to find it.  
George Moore (1852-1933, Irish writer)

Indeed so very true.  I'm so glad to be HOME!  Home is best.  And all the best to each of you, my precious readers today!  May your time at home be blessed :) 

Post a Comment

0 Comments