Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A little bit of love

Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

When my kids were little, I went all out for every holiday. Valentine's Day, President's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Flag Day. . . you name it, we decorated for it. Now that the kids are bigger. . . not so much. My guys love Christmas decorations, and I think they like my autumn decorations and perhaps Easter. But Valentine's Day? Do they care?

To tell the truth, I don't know if they care or not. Maybe it makes no difference to them at all. But I like to have a little holiday decor, if only as a way to change things up a bit.

My mother's dough cabinet is my favorite spot to decorate for holidays, and to it I've added just a bit of Valentine's spice:




The "Hugs and Kisses" jar I've had for several years; it comes out just for Valentine's Day each year. This year I added the ceramic heart platter from the One Spot at Target, along with the heart-shaped tealights. I filled my antique canning jars with candy conversation hearts from Dollar Tree.

The candlesticks were recent Goodwill finds, $2.00 for the pair. They started life like this:



I painted them Heirloom White (what else)? I also used Heirloom white to transform a plate purchased for 89 cents at Goodwill into a cream-colored platter, then added the chalkboard paint to the middle.

By the way, have you seen the chalkboard platters you can purchase ready-made from Pottery Barn?



Aren't they adorable? But $99 for two?! I think I'll stick with my 89-cent plate.

So I spent less than $10 and have a Valentine's display that satisfies my craving for holiday decor without being over the top.

What about you? Do you decorate for small holidays?

Post a Comment

0 Comments