Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bunneh3000 meets Bunneh2014 - Just a few New Year's words...

The New Year is here and I'm ready to launch into it with dreams of making Bunneh3000 the brand many go to for insights on gaming and more! I pride myself on having a unique view on both the industry as a whole as well as the games themselves and I plan on this year becoming one where my knowledge increases exponentially! As my contacts grow so do my opportunities.

With that said, I brought in 2014 with a couple of new additions to my gaming family. I finally got a new laptop from my loving wife and my mom pitched in to get me a new PS Vita! My PS4 is still a ways off but I'm still optimistic.

Still, I'm dedicating myself to providing more editorial content and devising an expedited template for writing game reviews as well. Most of the times I wing my reviews and I've found that they can either get really wordy or they focus more on what the game can do rather than how well the game actually executes all of the features and modes. That's going to change. Be on the lookout for this and more. I made some key partnerships with blog vets at ZombieGamerOnline.com as well as BlackGirlNerds.com. I'm hoping that I can expand these partnerships so that the benefit to all involved is noticable and significant.

Also, my podcast work got off to a start in Q4 of 2013 in a big way! The Heed Mag Geekswagg podcast and the Gaming Precision podcast both officially contain my voice and I'm hoping to bring something more to the table for each.

From my understanding, the GP podcast is going to become much shorter (which is probably a good thing). Here I'm hoping I can take on a personal task to focus on one new game to either play or research to be able to comment on during the show. Nothing worse than hearing someone on a podcast say that they've been playing the same game for 5-6 weeks straight with little to add to their opinion or impressions. Hoping my new laptop and Steam will be contributors to this!

As for Geekswagg, I'm taking the responsibility to have regularly scheduled recordings each week so that the release of the shows can be weekly rather than in the chunks they've been doled out as of late. The whole experience of running a show has been a learning experience and I've seen how much work it takes to make it a regular part of your life's schedule. It's a lot of work.

To get me started, I snagged a Samson Meteor Mic, Audacity, and networked with a contributor at Heed Magazine to edit the recording for me. The show may not be awesome-sauce as of yet but the next phase of my development has interviews in store which should cure all of that quickly. I mean, why sit and listen to my opinion when you can listen to the developer or some of the voice talent themselves!

Another goal of mine is to enlist a female co-host to the show as well. I've had a little bit of feedback pointing towards that so if any of you know of some personable female geeks out there that are professional and willing to contribute, then send them my way!

All in all, 2014 looks to be a big year as I delve into the Xbox One and the PS Vita to expand my gaming umbrella. I'm hoping that I can make time for all that I need to in order to solidify myself as a go to voice in this saturated geekology field.

So stay tuned!

Post a Comment

0 Comments