Friday was online learning only at school We had a staff meeting and English Department Meeting, and I spent the rest of the school day grading and posting lessons online.
We were supposed to get a big snow storm here on Friday night, but by Saturday morning, the roads were only wet and there was no snow on the ground. We did get snow flurries most of Saturday but nothing seemed to stick. You can see that that there was snow in the mountains, which is where it is most needed.
Sad news came Saturday, when I got word of the death of my aunt due to Covid. She has been in a hospital in Southern California for several days. She was only 69 - and the youngest of 12 children in my birth mother's family. She is the only family member I know of so far who has not survived Covid. Very sad.
We were home almost all of Saturday. I did some chores, like two loads of laundry (keeping it real). Yes, this laundry is now all folded and put away. It always seems like there is laundry to be done...
Saturday night's dinner was a garden vegetable pizza from our new favorite pizza place - Marco's.
One of my very favorite dinners is pizza coupled with a fresh green salad with a bit of blue cheese dressing. Yum!
In the evening, after dinner, Charly and I watched the final episode of Season 4 of The Crown. I did some crocheting while I watched. We have sure enjoyed watching that series and look forward to season 5 coming out (hopefully) next year. We started watching The Last Czars. Charly wanted to watch Bridgerton but it was a bit racey for my tastes.
Sunday I got up before 7 a.m. and got a roast in the slow cooker for dinner. I ate my own breakfast (oatmeal and fruit) then fried some bacon for Josh, who is a bacon guy who needs his morning protein. I try to make Sunday morning breakfast a bit special for him. After that, I read scriptures and my Come Follow Me study.
Later, we went to church. Our church doesn't begin until 11 a.m. this year, so as soon as we got home, I ate lunch, then laid down for a short nap of about 30 minutes. I don't think I really fell to sleep, but it was nice to just relax and rest for a few minutes. When I got up, I did some indexing of tax records from Ontario, Canada. I surpassed my indexing goal for the month! Later, Charly and I went for our walk in the late afternoon just before dinner.
Sunday dinner was pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy with green salad. The pot roast gravy was inspired by a recipe I got from Mari's Cooking Thursday post over at her blog, My Little Corner of the World. It was delicious! Thank you, Mari!
I made bread pudding for dessert. My mother used to make bread pudding when I was growing up. I do not have her recipe, but I did find an excellent recipe and demonstration at Kathy's Vlog, Kathy's Happy Home. The bread pudding was also a hit with the family. We all liked it a lot and I will be making it again.
After my second exercise session downstairs, Charly and I watched a little TV while I finished this blog post.
No big plans for the coming week - just usual stuff. I am hoping to finish another book. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good week and I will see you again soon.













0 Comments