Also side note: Frugal weekly recap is coming. I've just been busy and haven't had much time to sit down the last few days.
As I was saying, November is going to be a busy month for me. For one, I do still plan to do the "Gift a Day" posts this year. There is just going to be fewer gifts going on, but I will post up the things I make. Mainly because I do enjoy it and other people seem to enjoy it to. So, watch out for those starting (and hopefully ending, although that might require a miracle in step two *laugh*) up this month.
Then there is trying to get the house super duper cleaned in preparation of putting up Christmas decorations at the end of the month. We'll be putting up the tree the weekend of Thanksgiving, like normal around here. I would honestly wait to put the decorations up until later but the kids love them so much, especially my son, that I always cave and let them have their way.
So, the biggest thing I've been doing the last couple of days has been working on cleaning and organizing my den as it has become a catch all mess with me organizing the master bedroom closet and the pantry and everything. I mean a MESS!!! I've brought loads of things to the used store this week and we took another load today, consisting mainly of old clothes that don't fit the kids anymore.
Then there is the food drive at school. Every year they send home a list of things the school will need to make up Thanksgiving baskets for families who can't afford a good meal and this year the need is greater than ever. So, I put together a bag of things for the food drive that we can drop off at school Monday. My daughter helped me to go through the pantry and pick out some things. Freebie Friday snack items that aren't safe for us to have here (peanut cross contamination/contain peanuts, etc), free cans of vegetables I got from the Monopoly game at Carrs over the summer and a few other things that I felt we could part with to make some families lives a little better this Thanksgiving got placed into a shopping bag and put by the door. Having been on the receiving end of kindness more than once this year, I feel like paying it forward is even more important. I might not be able to do much, but by golly I'll do what I can! So, that was on my list to do this month and will be checked off and done when we drop the donations off at school on Monday :).
So, yeah, it's so busy around here it's like a blur, although the last few days have been slower for the poor daughter who is battling either a cold or seasonal allergies and is kind of miserable with a sore throat and a bit of a cough. I actually made her home made chicken noodle soup last night especially for her and she's requested some of the leftovers for dinner tonight. Hopefully she starts to feel better soon.
So, anyway, onto the goals for this month!
Sewing Goals:
- Work on Christmas gifts
- Hem jeans for husband (we bought a new pair that was too long for him the last time we bought him brand new jeans as the jeans were basically on sale buy 2 get 1 free IF you bought three pairs and they only had two pairs in his actual size. I've been meaning to hem them, but couldn't figure out where I had stuck them and finally found them today. NOW if I could find where in the Heck I put my crochet hooks I'd be thrilled *grumble*.
- Work on organizing den some more.
- Move desk into den (this is part of a possible master plan for my master bedroom...you'd think I'd stop with "master plans" the way they seem to work out, but nope, not me. Never learn *laugh*).
- Rearrange sewing table and dresser in den.
- Put up Christmas tree and decorations in den (at end of the month)
- Go through toys in son's closet and weed out anything that needs to go (it's been YEARS since I went through his things and yeah...it's time).
- Rearrange kitchen cabinets to work better with the baking dishes (I'm in a constant fight to get a couple of cabinet doors closed as things slide forward and things and it's driving me a bit loopy).
- Continue to weed through things and figure out what can go and what should stay.
And I'm going to call it good there as that's already a ton to do. So, how about you? Anything on your list this month?

0 Comments