
This was the first time in about twenty years that I sat down and made a point to watch an episode of "Oprah."
Well done. Go buy Mackenzie's book.
As for people who feel it's "not tasteful" or troublemaking for her to address certain topics in that book: I don't want to live in your world, a world where people choke down pain & shame in order to "keep appearances" for people who, through their actions, clearly do not deserve such protection. There's just too much of that in this world, and the worst of it is the stuff you never hear about and never see.
Somebody quizzed me the other day about why did I get into comics, into writing – what did I do it for, and what types of works did I want to create.
I want to be "troublemaking." Because I think it is needed.
0 Comments