I'm not a happy camper this morning. Not at all. That noise on the wind is my heaving sobs of abject despair. My poor Irish were massacred by the Evil Crimson Tide in the championship game last night. I need copious amounts of chocolate and wine to get through today. Some one come sing "Soft Kitty" for me, pretty please? On with the show while I mop my pride up off the floor...
Since I tortured you with the Worst, now I'm going to make you smile and give you my Best Films of 2012. Again films are subjective so one woman's treasure is certainly someone else's WTF. Now then without any further ado and in no particular order these are my very best movies this year and ones that I would gladly own and watch over and over. There are a few that I have not seen as yet so they did not make the cut
Haywire
Hell to the yeah, a woman who can kick ass and actually looks the part. Gina Carano gave us Mallory Kane, a black ops assassin who gets screwed over by her handlers. Superior script, great cast and we get to see Gina kick Ewan's, Channing's and Michael's collective asses. Booyah!
Resident Evil: Retribution
I don't care what anyone says, this franchise just keeps getting better and better. Alice is one of the finest female roles out there. She is far and away unlike any of the typical cliched female characters that are like the tribbles of film, continuing to multiply in spite of all our advancements. The 21st century and I still have to see women as girlfriends and wives of cops instead of being cops, hello End of Watch. It's also nice to see a successful horror film franchise where the women aren't brainless candy canes.
The Avengers
Joss Whedon wrote and directed and it starred a coterie of hot men. I don't need anything else, really. However... This was an epic film that delivered on so many levels, I had to see it three times in the theater. Something I have not done since LOTR.
The Hobbit
Back to Middle Earth with Peter Jackson...I was on board the instant I heard about this. I waited a hell of a long time and was enthralled from the opening scenes. This was utter perfection.
The Dark Knight Rises
Of course Nolan's final Batman is on my list. I freaking LOVED this. JGL stole the show as did Anne Hathaway. She rocked as Cat Woman. And I don't care what anyone says about the end, Bruce Wayne is DEAD and Alfred was having a hallucination.
The Woman In Black
Daniel Radcliffe blew me away in this old fashioned creeper from Hammer. I saw it all alone in the theater and that made it even more unsettling. Epic ghost story in my opinion and one of Daniel's best performances. Harry Potter doesn't live here anymore.
Moonrise Kingdom
Oh Lord this film made me laugh and laugh. the characters were all brilliantly quirky and the dialogue was stupendous. Edward Norton as a Scout Master had me snorting my Diet Pepsi everywhere. Underneath it all is a tender tale of kids trying to find themselves.
Like I said there are several films I have yet to see like Django and Les Miserables so I could very well expand this list. Hope you enjoyed reading my take on the Best and Worst of Movies for 2012. I am looking forward to all the new stuff in 2013. Now I'm going back to bed...I don't want to face this rotten day after. Sigh...

0 Comments