Almost no photos from this whirl of days. We discovered Lexicon. Love it. The littlest boy can hold his own, even wins the occasional hand, which keeps him happy. It's much easier than Scrabble. I've bought Pit as well, a really shouty card game that I remember loving when I was little. It's a vintage game, probably over a hundred years old now. The instructions say "PIT is Pure, Harmless, Exciting, Unadulterated Fun. The Jolliest Game Ever Invented For An Informal Good Time." What more could you want? Haven't got it out yet though. Did I say it's
really shouty? I'm waiting for the right moment.
There's been baking of course, swimming, to use up some of that excess festive energy and scooting and skateboarding, suddenly everyone is loving scooting and skateboarding. You will recall that A&E's details are close at hand in readiness for the knives. Oh how we love the danger and excitement.
I made gingerbread biscuits. Baked them a little too long. Slapped on some chocolate to make up for it. One of the sausage dogs had a lump of dark sugar near his tail. It melted in cooking and looked like a little poop which was the cause of great hilarity. I could have taken a photo of that one but I didn't want to lower the tone. I'm hoping there is a tone to be lowered.
Plans for tomorrow include making a nut roast, more mince pies and a yule log. Then a walk round somewhere lovely when I will unashamedly look through people's windows at the gorgeous Christmas cosiness. I'm wishing you and yours a lovely time with a little pure, harmless, exciting, unadulterated fun thrown in. See you on the other side. CJ xx
0 Comments