What I'm wearing...black pants, white, long sleeved tee, grey cardigan and grey socks. First day with socks in many months... fall must have arrived!
What I'm reading... finishing up Honeysuckle Season by Mary Ellen Taylor. It's a good story.
What's happening in my kitchen... hubby had toast and I had a muffin for breakfast. We wanted to get busy finishing our living room floor before lunch and football. We finished just in the nick of time and had tuna sandwiches for lunch. I made baked spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.
What's outside my window... the days are definitely shorter now. It's the one part of fall that I don't like. We had frost two nights last week but it didn't affect what's left in the garden... thankful for that. I thought that all of my flowers had died off except for the hydrangeas but I noticed today that one pot of yellow flowers have managed to bloom one last time.
What I'm thankful for...my very handy hubby. He has fixed and built and created so many things in and around our home. The latest being installing our new living room floor. I don't care what the commercials say, this is not an easy project. But hubby persevered and the floor is beautiful and we love it. As soon as I get the living room put back together I'll post some photos.
What I'm smelling... well, spaghetti, of course! My apple cinnamon spice candle does not give off as much scent as I had hoped it would. It's good if you are standing right next to it but from where I'm sitting it's pretty faint.
What I'm hearing... Football Night in America is on the television and hubby is cleaning up in the kitchen. Yes, he installs floors AND cleans up after dinner... he is a keeper for sure.
What I'm crafting... I am ripping out about half of the sweater I'm crocheting. I've been having trouble with the edges and I thought it would turn out okay but the more I get done the less happy I am with the way it looks so I'm taking it out. Sigh... I should have done it many, many rows ago. I never learn.
What's on my mind...the Notorious RGB. She tried so hard to hang on until after the election. I hope she is able to rest in peace with her beloved Martin.
Words live by...

0 Comments