Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rock'em Sock'em

So our company just got a 3D printer today and they wanted me of all people to make an AutoDesk Inventor model to print out. I think I made a pretty awesome replica of a Rock'em Sock'em robot fight. I wish my job was solely to make dumb things like this and print 3D models of them because it's incredibly fun. Every part is printed separately and then you spend an hour trying to put all the little pieces together to look like this.


This is what it looked like in the computer when put together in AutoDesk. I walked into our meeting standing tall with my intern behind me and started showing off my model. Apparently I'm terrible at putting things together and no one even knew what I was trying to make. My 3D model was promptly thrown into the trashcan. I told everyone that the intern put it together and I only made the model on the computer. But don't you feel bad about my intern because I promised him a pale of ice cream tomorrow. Kids will sell out for all most anything these days.... He probably would of took the blame for a Klondike bar. 

What I Learned Today
Your intern might make fun of your fractured knee and crack dumb video game jokes all day but when It comes down to intern or no intern. My answer will always be intern because you are able to blame everything on them and if they call you a liar you can give them the boot.

Intern: Hey how did you break your knee? :3
Me: I got in a freak accident.
Intern: So did you take an arrow to your knee?
Me: I should of seen this coming....

Post a Comment

0 Comments