Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Something's Cooking

This is what we're having for tea tonight, Pork Casserole. Mick isn't a lover of pork, so I thought I'd get the slow cooker out and make a casserole to try and tempt him. I find that meat cooked slowly in the slow cooker is much more tender. I have to admit that I don't use my slow cooker very often, they're really handy when you're out at work all day as you can put tea on before you go to work and it's all ready for when you get home again, but I don't need to do that since I've stopped working. It should be a really tasty tea as along with the pork, there's leeks, parsnips and onions which are all home grown, and swede, carrots and new potatoes which aren't home grown.


The breadmaker is currently rustling up some dough for me. I don't really use the machine for baking the bread as it never turns out to my liking, but it's great for making dough, saving me from having to knead it. Once the dough's risen, I take it out and divide it up to make rolls and bake them in the oven. We'll have lovely warm bread with our casserole tonight.


I've also been doing some baking today. Ever since I started my healthy eating plan in January, I've been craving Butterfly Buns. I don't know why, it's years since I've had one. It's a simple recipe 4oz each of margarine, caster sugar and flour, and two eggs. This makes a dozen buns. I only made half of them in to Butterfly Buns as not everyone likes the buttercream which is used, so the other half were left plain. I shall have a treat after my tea, I've been good this week.


I whipped up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies too. This recipe comes from Attic24, I've made these before and they're delicious.


I wonder if I could get away with eating a bun and a cookie.

Post a Comment

0 Comments