Busy day all round but I had a very bad night - mainly for two reasons. Firstly my son rang quite late and we chatted for almost an hour, which got my brain so active that when I did go to bed I couldn't settle down. Secondly, it was a very chilly night and I just could not get warm. I got up and added another blanket, putting it on top of the duvet as I couldn't be bothered to remake the bed in the middle of the night. I still took a long time to get warm and drop off. Consequently I am quite tired today.
I walked round with Tess and then went into town to top up on food shopping - mainly fruit and veg - before returning home. It was our fortnightly lunch meeting (chicken casserole followed by blackberry and apple crumble or apple pie and ice cream) - all delicious and as usual all good fun with good company.
On returning home Tess had disappeared. H had called and had taken her for a walk. It was a relief as I was really very tired after my poor night's sleep and it is impossible to explain to a dog why a walk is not a possibility. My son rang and asked if I wanted to go with him and his wife into Richmond for a coffee and cake, so I contacted H on her mobile to tell her I would be out on her return with Tess. She had walked around Richmond Castle walls - she said Tess had done a wee about every twelve seconds on the entire walk!!
It is not a warm day here so it was home again to find the heating had come on and the bungalow was pleasantly warm - yes I know it is a bit early in Autumn but I refuse to be cold, it is so miserable. Tess had returned and has been asleep in her bed ever since - tired out no doubt. What a lucky dog she is to have so many friends who help me out (I have just had an e mail to tell me friend S will take her for me tomorrow).
Now I think a cup of tea and a slice of Battenburg is perhaps the order of the day - and maybe a small bowl of Scottish strawberries - they still have the lovely taste of summer.
0 Comments