Can't believe I was awake at 3.30am. I do love this time of year when the sun never really sets, the sky never darkens and life is buzzing everywhere. I once watched otters feeding off the sea at 11.30pm on the Isle of Skye, apart from being cannibalised by the midge, that was a glorious piece of wildlife watching.
Back to this morning though, I tried, and completely failed to record the dawn chorus. That glorious warbling birdsong became an asthmatic cough and grunt. Note to self, buy a parabolic microphone...that attempt was absolute rubbish, so not on the blog.
So in the absence of anything to photo, I spent an hour messing about with images, and uploaded this "dead centre of Town" image. This is Bradpole Churchyard, and what a wonderful setting. Why is this on a wildlife Blog? Partly I like churchyards, and this photo in particular. But also they are a wonderful refuge for wildlife, whilst the headstones are a botanists playground, if one is into lichens.
I may well write more about this in a later posting, particularly Puxton Church in Somerset. Now what shall I have for breakfast... well it is 5am?!?!
0 Comments