Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Willy Nilly Friday 5 - Nov. 7, 2014


 

Hi!  -  It's Friday and that means it's time for a little,
WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE hosted by Tanya at
Around Roanoke.
 
 
 
 
1.  With all the rain we've had the last couple of weeks and then some warm days lots of various "fungi" have been popping up all over the place.  I spotted this one growing sideways in my mom's yard.
 
Check out this link (Fungal Jungal) to learn more about mushrooms.  I've always thought these were "toad stools" but apparently that's just a name people have given any fungi that they think is poisionous or non-edible.
 
2.  Coleen and I spotted this colorful rooster in a yard one day so we stopped and asked if we could take a picture of it.  So how about some other chickens you might like.  Check this one out (I think it's cool). 
 
 
Speaking of cool while looking for more chicken related stuff I stumbled upon this web site showing sculptures made out of Willow Branches.  There is a chicken one there too.  Be sure to check it out as these are so awesome.
 
3.  It's time for Black and White vs. Colored.  Which version do you prefer.  I happened upon this house on a walk and thought the staircase looked interesting so I photographed it.
 
 
 
4.  Tropical plants fascinate me. Coleen and I spotted these in someone's yard while out on a walk just a few houses away from the home above.
 
I think it would be fun to grow some tropical plants.  Check out this neat website.  It even has some games for kids to play and learn about tropical plants.
 
5.  Forgot to post pictures of Coleen from the Pumpkin patch before Halloween so will share this one now.  She's been watching a "weird" but cute little cartoon series all week called, Over The Garden Wall.   We missed last nights episode and she had a "mini-melt down" until Grandma saved the day and found the episode on the Internet so we watched it.  Check out the cartoon and see what you think.
 
 
Bonus photo (following Tom - The Backroads Traveller) because 5 just isn't enough (the extra one for my BW/Color) doesn't count.)
 
 
This is a building in town that I just had to photograph yesterday while the weather was still nice and it wasn't raining.  Will share more of the photos I took next week.  Colorful isn't it!


Post a Comment

0 Comments