EEEEEP!!!!! - feeling more than a bit foolish! I have inadvertently posted the wrong link on Ginny's Yarn Along. This is August 24ths post here is August 31st's post!
I love all manner of needlework arts. Knitting, sewing, embroidery, cross-stitching etc... As with anyone, I need more time to complete all the projects on my wish list ;o) However, I am currently working on a gorgeous little number that is coming along quite nicely.
The end is in sight - I can just picture myself wearing this teemed with a nice pair of jeans on a cool Autumn day.
I have been knitting for years and find myself often sticking with a 'safe' option. However, I have recently been inspired by a woman who only started knitting in 2008 and is already designing her own Faire Isle patterns to knit for her children! I felt a little sense of shame and am determined to step out of my comfort zone and attempt some of those techniques that I have admired yet shied away from. I have a little lace work (eeek) that's next on the list, and then perhaps a bit of Faire isle? hmmmm.
Cable work is me stepping out ;o) I have really loved working on the cables. This is my second attempt at this technique - this pattern slightly more complex than the first. I have been pleasantly surprised at how simple cable work has been and it has certainly given me the confidence to take up more challenging work. I think the trick is to find a pattern that incorporates just a little of what it is you are wanting to try out. In both cable patterns I have worked on, only the top section has cable work. For my upcoming lace work, only the outside of the shawl has the lace and it is a simple lace pattern at that! This way it is not too daunting, it seems 'doable'. Why not choose an easy pattern with just a portion in cables/lace etc. and give it a whirl? You might be pleasantly surprised ;o)
0 Comments