I hope you've all had a good week. I've been absent from the blog scene as I have been cleaning and that isn't very interesting to blog about.. Because of my Spring cleaning I haven't done much handwork except at the end of the day. I've been working on the Giant Granny Square border. I got this book to help me find a border..........it's a great book only I didn't realize that most of the borders depend on the number of stitches you have on each side. That works if you know how many stitches you started out with but with a giant granny square it just gets as big as you want it and I didn't do any counting of stitches nor was I about to! LOL! So, there were still 6 or 7 borders that did not require a knowledge of the number of stitches. I chose one of those and it requires 11 rounds and several rounds are different stitches. I am actually on the 5th round which isn't in the picture that I took last evening.....it now has a grayish blue next to the powder blue.............I am hoping to finish this week and get all the ends woven in. I will not block it as it is acrylic but I will give it a good turn in the washer and dryer.
Here's my petunias that I bought last week. They're in a basket hanging from a shepherd's hook in my front yard. It has been cool, cloudy and rainy this past week. The sun is out today but it's supposed to rain again this afternoon.
My lilac bush is starting to open. I decided to let it bloom before I plant it in the yard.
Not much else going on but when it's not raining this week I will be planting. Our last frost date is April 20th so I can get all my plants outside. I also have yard work and trimming to do. Tomorrow I'm cooking a corned beef brisket to make Reuben sandwiches....it's been a long time since I've had one and I love them!
Oh, Stitch Maynia is coming in May!. I need to get my projects out from last year. The only new projects I will start are the few open slots from finishes last year which aren't many! Mostly, I will work on the ones that didn't get finished.
Happy Trails!!!

0 Comments