Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Behind the city walls

Hi gents,

Still quietly progressing with the Crusades collection trying my best not to get distracted onto other periods.
At present I am having some terrain built to represent Acre. I also needed to acquire suitable buildings for the city behind the wall .after a bit of searching I came up with these from Kobblestone  in the states.
 The buildings arrived on Friday after an eight week wait (sent surface mail) but well worth the wait as the buildings are perfect for what I am after.The Mosque came with a crescent on the dome but this had came off during transit which lead me to think I will leave it removable so this can be changed to a cross or crescent depending on who is besieging who at any given point .
The buildings are to be sent down to Dave Marshall of TM Terrain for painting

I couldn't resist setting this lot up.

Nice little extras like this canopy on the roof will add to the character.

it is very much still a work in progress with a lot of basing of the minis still to be done.

Acre a bit like Glasgow on a Friday night.

i have enough civillans to make the city look populated for the Crusader side still need more for the Saracens

The Knights of St lasurus with a quite distinct banner painted by Dave Jarvis

I think these will look great once painted up.

I will post these again once they have been painted up and set on the new terrain which may be complete for October.The new terrain will have the city walls and a harbour along with a small village out side the walls.A few more boats and ships required for the harbour.If I can get enough done for next year I may ask one of the Scottish clubs if I could display it at one of their shows with the interest in Cross and Crescent at present it might interest a few gamers and would force me to finish the basing of the figures!

Once again thanks for taking the time to have a look
Best wishes
Willie

Post a Comment

0 Comments