Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Last of October Harvest

I started writing this post early October and then every Monday since, but I never actually got round to sharing it.    
 I've just been busy and tired a bit like this dead sunflower and artichokes. 
I think I am looking forward to November when things around me will be a bit quiet, so that I can also tend to the garden that is looking rather bleak.  I haven't had the opportunity to go out and tidy it up as its been raining, pretty much every weekend. 
 I picked this courgette and a strawberry early October.
And the tomatoes from early this month
I know its looks like the same bowl of tomatoes, but I assure you its not - just take a closer, these were picked the second week of October 

I adapted a recipe for Briam - Easy Greek Vegetable Bake with some of the vegetables from the garden.
I had picked all the pears and made a Savoury and Sweet pear tart .  Excuse the ugly picture, but the tart was lovely, the pear almost tasted like marzipan.  
We still have Rainbow Swiss Chard in the garden, but not much else. 
Oh and some chillies - growing outdoors would you believe?!
I am sharing this blog post with Dave over at Happy Acres who hosts Harvest Monday every week.

Post a Comment

0 Comments