This is turning into a night mare. Or maybe it is nice. It sure is a lot quieter around here without a phone. But the shop is suffering and that will hurt my bottom line. Still I had a bride pick up yesterday and I also ripped 4 bridesmaid dresses yesterday which I will do the sewing on today. I also really cleaned up my shop, which desperately needed it. I am anxiously waiting for my sister to come and reorganize me a little.
As I had not slept at all the night before (slept great last night), I took a nap yesterday afternoon and it was wonderful as it is cooler now. The heat will be back full tomorrow.
Hubs took advantage of the cooler air to do a lot of yard and garage work. Oh, by the way the hip is much better today. I am still limping a little but no where near what is was yesterday. I am telling you RA is such a strange disease.
I made room for my new canning in the storage and every time I come downstairs I bring a few jars with me.
We are having one of our renters parents over for dinner this evening. They are visiting from Michigan. So I pulled T-bones and shrimp out of the freezer. By the way 4 t-bones marked from $41.56 to 23.12 then 1/2 off that so about $3.00 a piece. I will also have corn from the garden, sliced tomatoes, sweet potatoes, new potatoes, and small yellow squash roasted. I still have a lemon pie left for dessert and I might bake up a batch of bread. It is so nice to live off the bounty of the garden and go to my freezer and present a lovely meal for so little.
My goals for today, if my hip allows it, are to clean the upstairs, make bread and get those 4 dresses done plus a pile of other things. It is very smokey here and the air quality sucks right now because of Forest fires. So with my asthma I am not spending very much time outside.
Well I have my work cut out for me today, How about you guys? Are you going to get anything done today?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.
Kim
0 Comments