It's been some time since I last brought you something about the sci-fi mining town. I finished the front part and I had the far side of the board pending:
 |
| Previously, in Old School Workshop... |
I thought it would be better to finish it before moving to the central section of the board. So first thing was taking care of texture and weathering.
 |
| Carefully careless |
These are the pieces that will fill that awful empty space:
 |
| Seriously, I need to have a word with those maintenance guys |
So, when in place...
 |
| This is the general idea of this side |
The big stuff is done. From now on it was just a matter of adding details.
 |
| Posters and stuff of the like |
 |
| I think this is the most complex piece of this stage. It's a perfume sample and cardboard |
 |
| And wire all the thing up, of course |
This side of the board is kind of unattractive. I mean, it's just a high, plain wall on a rocky corner. Gaming wise you have only a couple of doors to the interior and there is little space for anything. However, I felt I still had to make this part look somehow nice, or at least as part of the board. There was little else to add on the wall, but I still could do something at ground level. In order to do that I had to take a dreadful step... to add some sand right there!
Given the size of this thing it was a logistic issue, but I managed better than anticipated. I put the board on the window to let it dry quicker.
 |
| Fortunately no neighbours witnessed me. I scheduled it properly |
This is what I got:
 |
| The sand looked too dark, I tried to solve it |
 |
| Unfortunately I can't take decent pics even with sunlight |
 |
| But this is the final aspect of the corner at the end of the board |
Not much else to say, this side had to keep more or less simple. Here you can see the whole thing done:
 |
| Eh? What's that? That thing up there? |
Oh, you got me. Time to reveal my cards. Up on the upper corner you can see I added some foamboard as it was part of... a ceiling? But isn't that piece just the highest part of the board?
 |
| Hmmm. Suspicious |
I'm afraid not! In fact you might have noticed that the board so far leaves a part at the rear which is not used. Just the depth of that extension...
That's because you are just merely seeing the first module of my board. This will be the bottom part. But whenever I finish it another module will be built to be placed over this one.
 |
| I hope this pic is more revealing |
It will be narrow indeed, but will add height to the town. Now you know why I have sometimes referred to this as a vertical board. I confess I don't have a real plan, as it will all depend on my storage capacity (which is currently seriously compromised). But all will come in due time, I still have plenty of work ahead just on this module. I will face that problem when it comes closer.
Now that I have finished all the right side of the board I can think of building the central section. Stay tuned for more!
0 Comments