It was a glorious winter day on Sunday last, when I travelled with some other Ragged Ramblers to visit sites in North-West Norfolk...
| Walking the earth-works at the Iron Age fort at Warham |
Ramblers marvelled at the fine assemblage of medieval glass therein...
I stood with Dr. C.T.G. Knight in the church porch as he expostulated and gestured extravagantly about the delights of this wonderful place...
In this vivid winter light, beneath a huge Norfolk sky, I could only concur with Dr. Knight's comment in the visitor book...
We decided to move on to visit Binham priory, via the remains of the Iron Age fort at nearby Warham (see first photo, above). Although I had recently visited this site with Aunty Gary and Maximillion, I was only too happy to return. As we approached, I grabbed the steering wheel from the alarmed Biddy Bowlwell and leapt out of the motor vehicle, camera in hand. Oh what a vista, as the priory stood framed against the bluest of skies...
| Ramblers standing amongst the ruins - photo taken by Dr. C.T.G. Knight (lite) |
Having perambulated the Binham site we ate heartily, consuming, among other things, home baked sausage rolls, a variety of splendid cakes and flasks of 'Tangle & Hump Premium Blend' tea. Ratherer!
And so, with full bellies, off we went in the direction of the coast. Arriving at Cley church we disembarked and made our way around the graveyard...


0 Comments