Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Finding Comfort....

I have spent this day mostly resting or puttering around the house....not really sick enough to STAY in bed but not well enough to tackle much either! I raised two sets of children 19 years apart and as long as I live I will NEVER take for granted being able to just go to bed when I am not feeling well. This afternoon I darkened my bedroom, got out the Vick's Vapor Rub and Ben Gay, lit a fragrant candle and sipped a cup of hot Cold Season tea. All of THAT should definitely clear my head! I then snuggled down under the sheets and comforter for a good read. Sheer bliss! As a mom you learn to push through illness and keep on keeping on regardless of how badly you feel. I occasionally wish I had my child raising years back...I did so enjoy being a mother....but today I was grateful for an empty nest and being able to just sink back against the pillows and BE! Hopefully I will be better tomorrow......Louis Dean misses me when I am ill! I think I have spoiled him! At least he can fend for himself......for a little while anyway!

Post a Comment

0 Comments